Pollinators and climate change
- Amazing Facts About Bee's !!they ... dance ??
According to scientists, when a bee finds a good source of nectar it flies back to the hive and shows its friends where the nectar source is by doing a dance which positions the flower in relation to the sun and hive.This is known as the ‘waggle dance.
According to experts, honeybees recognize faces in similar ways to humans. Their brains process each part of a whole face, going through each feature - eyebrows, lips ears and eyes. This process is called 'configural processing".
A colony of bees consists of 20,000-60,000 honey bees and one queen. Worker honey bees are female, live for about 6 weeks and do all the work.The queen bee can live up to 5 years and is the only bee that lays eggs. She is the busiest in the summer months, when the hive needs to be at its maximum strength, and lays up to 2500 eggs per day.
As shocking as it may be, it is true that humans use about 1 trillion single-use plastic bags per year –that makes the number around 2 million per minute! While many countries have taken active steps to discourage this increased use of plastic, there is still more that can be done.
One of the ways you can be considerate of the environment and reduce your share of plastic use is through utilizing beeswax wraps. These wraps have become readily available on our website.Why go for toxic plastic containers when you can opt for a natural solution that gives the same, if not better, results.
Our beeswax wraps are made out of beeswax, cotton, tree resin and jojoba oil – thus making them completely natural and safe for use. What’s best about these ingredients is that they help preserve your food for much longer all the while allowing for some air to pass through to that it remains fresh, odor and toxin free.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL YOU DERIVE OUT OF USING BEESWAX WRAPS?
- Reduce your carbon footprint - If you start using our beeswax wraps, you will be reducing your carbon footprint substantially. Not only will you be eliminating the use of plastic as much as possible but you will also prevent food wastage –because they help increase the life of your food. Through our beeswax wraps, you can be environmentally friendly.
- They are reusable - Perhaps one of the most unique characteristics of a beeswax wrap is that they can be used multiple of time – unlike any other wrap. You can wash them to that they remain clean after use or put them out in the sun so that they retain their ability to cover food.
- Long lasting and cost efficient - Typically, our beeswax wraps can last you up to a year. Due to the fact that they can be cleaned again and again, you will also be saving massive amounts of money that would have gone into replacement of plastic containers or wraps.
- Easily disposed - When you toss out a plastic container, there is no knowing what type of hazard it may turn into in the future. When using a beeswax wrap however, you have the option of composting it instead of throwing it out completely.
- They are easy to mold - Beeswax wraps are perfect for covering your food items because of how pliable they are. No matter the purpose, to cover or wrap completely, our beeswax wraps will comply. Additionally, they also stick to the object that needs to be covered so there is no concern about pollutants entering.
Here at E-cosmartshop , we sell organic beeswax wraps that are perfect for your kitchen needs. You can count on our wraps to provide that protective film over your food to make it last longer, stay fresher and retain flavor. Choose from the small, medium or large sizes and aid the improvement of our environment.
A Friendly Guide To Recover Pollinators Habitats:
A lots of people in the world might know at this time about the extraordinary importance of maintaining bees habitats and recovering the pollinators for our survival.Here to follow i have added a few simple ideas and some links to contribute by simply planting some wildflowers and herbs.This is a very remarkable way to contribute improving all lives quality and per-durability by simply planting in your garden every year some wildflowers loved by bees and pollinators and which you get hold of them for free.Organisations like PSBA will offer you supply of seed packets available for FREE at any event they host or you attend here their calendar: check the calendar .
Here a list of Cooking Herbs that pollinators loves and which you could easily plant in your garden:
Fennel,rosemary,aster,coneflower,sunflower,verbena,lavender,sage,geranium,thyme and buttercup.
In this link you will find thousands of wild bees flower seeds for sale with free shipping just in case you wanted to buy them and get them whenever you wanted.
There is as well the Bayer initiative which is helping recovering bees habitat in the world. Check their website to get free seeds link when it will be available.
Another Organisation is dedicated to bees conservancy in USA and Canada, is offering free material teaching and educational classes for labor in general to help their communities to learn a bit more about the importance of pollinators habitats around the globe.
Please check this link to get the free material. Any help from you will be a world for them if you wanted to support them.
If more interested, you can sign up for their newsletter.